What is point delay? Where are the points for my activities?
There is a concept in MotionEmpire's point system that may arise a popular question: Where are the points for my activities? In order to answer this question, users must become familiar with a system called the verification system. In this system, when a user performs certain activities (listed below), the outcome of that activity needs to be approved by an admin before it can be granted any points.
Here are the activities that you won't be granted points immediately:
- Uploading Videos: If you are at level 5 or lower and you upload a video, an admin needs to verify your video before it can be added to the system. The points regarding your video will be on hold until the video has been approved. This process may take up to 4 days depending on the number of videos that are pending verification.
- Uploading Sources: If you are at level 4 or lower and you upload a source, an admin needs to verify your source before it can be added to the system. The points regarding your source will be on hold until the source has been approved. This process may take up to 4 days depending on the number of sources that are pending verification. This delay is also applicable for sources uploaded to broken videos that will grant double points upon approval.
- Suggestions: Suggestions are divided into two major types: category suggestions and video suggestions. The points regarding your category suggestions will be granted as soon as your suggestion has been approved by an admin, which can take up to 5 days depending on the number of pending suggestions. Video suggestions grant points to both the user who has made the suggestion and the user who has solved the suggestion. The points will be granted once the suggestion has been "closed" by an admin. This process may take up to 45 days because it is unknown whether or not the suggestion could be found and added to the system. Admins usually moderate video suggestions on daily basis and close the "found" suggestions as soon as they see a suggestion has been solved by a user. If an admin solves a suggestion, they will close it immediately and grant points to the user who has made the suggestion. Invalid suggestions (Movies that are not released yet or Movies that already exist in the database) will not be granted any points. Click here to learn more about suggestions.
- Error Reports: Error reports can take up to 7 days to be checked and verified by an admin. Invalid reports will not grant any points.
- Video Edits: If you are between levels 2 - 7, your video edits will need verification before the changes can be applied to the video. The points regarding these verification will be granted to you once it has been approved by an admin which can take up to 5 days.
Any other activity that is not listed above will grant points immediately. Also note that the time frames mentioned above are the maximum time it takes for the activity to be verified. On most cases, the points are granted much faster than the maximum time.
The point delay is an important concept to consider as the month gets closer to the end and the leaderboard competition gets closer to announcing its winners. You need to consider the maximum time frames mentioned above and realize that if any of these activities happen in the last few days of the month, there is no guarantee that on which month the points will be credited to your account. So in order to secure your desired spot in the point leaderboard, consider the point delays carefully.