How can I manage my profile's All-Time Best lists?
This guide will explain how you can add movies and shows to your profile's "All-Time Best" lists. In order for a user to be able to select which movies/shows are their all time best, a drop down menu had to be created. But due to the massive number of movies and shows available on MotionEmpire (tens of thousands!) it was not wise to create any kind of menu. Instead, an "ID List" method had to be implemented that allows users to manually manage their all-time best lists.
The structure of the lists are very simple. There are two lists available:
- Movies list: This list manages the videos in four seperate channels: Movies, Documentaries, Bollywood Movies and Asian Movies. You can add any video that fits under these four categories. All you need to do is find the MotionEmpire ID of the video (look below for instructions) and add it to the list when you are editing your profile. If you wish to add more than one movie to your All-Time Best movie list, then you can seperate each video ID with a semicolon ";". For example, if you want to add three IDs 1, 2 and 3, it will be added as "1;2;3;". You can edit this list at any time! Just remove the video ID that you want to be removed from the list. Don't forget that you are the one who defines the order of the videos, so put the most important movies at the beginning of the list and move your way down.
- Shows List: Very similar to the movies list! You can add any shows from the TV-Shows or Animation channels to this list. Makse sure that you find the MotionEmpire ID of the show and not a season of the show! Look below for instructions.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: What is a MotionEmpire ID?
A: A MotionEmpire ID is a unique number assigned to each show and video that defines the identity of that show/video.
Q: Where can I find the MotionEmpire ID for a movie or video?
A: There are two ways that you can find the MotionEmpire ID of any video:
1) In the video page (where the video plays), click on the (Show Details)
button located in the video information bar
under the icon of the user who has uploaded the video (to the left of the video player). Once the information bar has expanded,
you can see a section that says " MotionEmpire ID
" which will have the ID of the video in front of it.
2) Look at the URL of the video page and the number right before ".html" is the ID of the video.
Note that either way, the ID should be the same number. For example, the MotionEmpire ID of the movie Twilight
Q: Where can I find the MotionEmpire ID for a TV-Show or Animation Show?
A: There are two ways that you can find the MotionEmpire ID of a Show:
1) Go to the home page of the show and right below the picture of the show you will see a section that says
" MotionEmpire ID
" which will have the ID of the show in front of it.
2) look at the URL of the home page of the show and the number right before ".html" is the ID of the show.
Note that either way, the ID should be the same number. For example, the MotionEmpire ID of the TV-Show Family Guy